Wednesday, August 21, 2013

More quilts!!!

Are you ready to see more quilts that I have been working on.  I have been quilting away. I am just learning FMQ but most of my quilts are quilted with panto-grams. My quilting machine is one of the very first that Gammil made. They took the industrial Singer machine and modified it so that it would sit on a  13foot table with rollers. I love quilting on it but am limited as to what I can quilt. I did try to FMQ with it but it was very hard,  I think tommorrow I will take a photo of it and post it so that everyone can see it.
This quilt I quilted with swirls because of all the circles. It has a home already. My granddaughter  loves Peace signs and we found this fabric at Marshalls Dry Goods. It is peace sign batiks.  She got it for her birthday.  Now she wants shams to match so on my list to do is go fabric shopping. 
My version of Sunbonnet Sue and Sam. I appliqued the kids but embroidered the flowers. I digitized all the kids and flowers. Since  I have a Brother embroidery machine  I digitize all my designs. I cant really draw so I do buy the clipart .  I guess that is all today.  I still have a few more quilts to show that I quilted in the last  2 months.  Since my husband  was diagnosed with this horrible cancer I stay by his side most of the time. When I want to get away my grandson is here with us. 
I f you want to help us win the caregivers cruise here is the link again to vote. I only have 3 more days left and need more votes. Thanks to all of you that have voted and have shared my story with other quilters.  The quilting, craft and sewing community is a great place. http://cruise.caregiverstress.com/entries/margaret-s/

No comments:

Post a Comment