Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Owl quilt

I know it has been a long time since I posted.  I just didn't have it in me.  I  have been  quilting and learning new things this past year.  My latest project has been an owl quilt that I designed the  appliques for using clipart from http://www.digiwebstudio.com/store/ I showed it on a few groups that I have been following and have been asked for the pattern.  I have never written a pattern but I am going to try and see what happens.  I am getting ready to design another one but here is the owl quilt.
This was a quilt as you go. The layout is from the class I took with Leah Days Butterfly quilt along. I used a lot of her designs to quilt it and other designs that I found on the internet. I have taken Craftsy classes with Angela Walters, Leah Day, Ann Peterson and others to learn to free motion quilt.  I still have lots to learn about this and I practice everyday. Here is the back of the back of the quilt.
I hope to show you some other quilts in the next day or two that I have been working on,.

No comments:

Post a Comment